Training content and type of training
Within E2DRIVER training methodology, one of the main objectives is to define the contents of the training. In this sense and considering how this training will be carried out, and the materials of this training will be included in the E2DRIVER platform, several formats will be defined to develop interesting, useful, practical, and innovative material that facilitates the learning of the trainees. During the benchmarking and evaluation of capacity building programmes at automotive sectors, and through the characterisation of the different roles within these industries, the requirements of the capacity building program will be set. The main contents of the training material that will be used during the training activities in the pilot industries and be part of the E2DRIVER platform are:
Repository of training material
Different kind of documents in different formats such as reports, presentations or videos will make up the repository of training material both for the training activities and to be included in the platform as reference material. The main themes or units that will be developed are:
Energy Audits methodology.
- Standard EN 16247
- How to carry out an energy audit?
- Evaluation of the facilities, energy consumptions, energy costs, potential of the energy measures implementation
- Energy measurements including the main measurement equipment
Energy Management Systems
based on ISO 50001. As the next step to the energy audit, this standard is included in the training material to introduce SMEs interested in this topic, because large companies, especially in the automotive sector, have already implemented this procedure and standard on the management of the energy.
Energy efficiency in industrial facilities
Some feedback from the benchmarking and characterisation of the automotive sector within E2DRIVE project will guide the development of the training material about usual facilities. At first energy efficiency about lighting, HVAC, some common industrial processes and other detected utilities will be worked up.
regarding energy efficiency in industry will be detailed, setting forth which behaviour and actions favour to improve energy efficiency in the day to day of the company.
Virtual reality training material
There will be two different interactive scenarios according to a particular category of user.
Through the first scenario, trainees can experience how to play the role of energy advisors living a realistic energy audit experience. The user will be able to collect information of the company, check documents, energy bills, or simulate a physic inspection of a process, as well as virtual meetings and interviews.
The second scenario will focus on company employees to teach them energy conservation-aware behaviours.
Types of training
The training implementation will consist on:
- Introductory sessions and lessons (5 hours): face-to-face meetings and interviews which address the benefits of energy audits and energy management issues. These sessions play also a key role in the customization phase of the itineraries because the consortium receives inputs from trainees.
- Specific training (15 hours): consisting on about 5 online lessons with a total duration of 10 hours, a theoretical exam and a final face-to-face practical lesson including an interactive session to discuss about potential energy efficiency measures that could be implemented in the company. Employees will be trained on energy efficiency issues in general with insights from behavioural, cultural and organizational perspectives through blended learning and making use of an ontological flip teaching method.
- Interactive workshops (5 hours per 10 people): where a more interactive training is performed: interactive storytelling, brainstorming sessions, discussions addressing emotional insight and value redefinition, virtual reality, etc.
- E2DRIVER replication trainers: E2DRIVER will train 15 people per country to become certified trainers, which will require 20 hours of additional training, so the results will be transferred to the newly created permanent capacity of E2DRIVER trainers.