The E2DRIVER Methodology is based on customising environments, which enables an easy adaptation of the training to the different scenarios and needs of each company and profile. The whole Methodology design is focused on the design of a customisation scheme where needs and expectations of trainees are considered.
The training customisation process will be implemented via the E2DRIVER platform. Right after accessing the platform and verifying their account, each trainee will be required to fill out a classification survey that will inquire about his or her background information. The survey will achieve two things:
- It will classify trainees into a training path specific to the input provided in the survey. Training paths exist for: managers, scientific and engineering professionals, technical managers and change agents.
- It will determine which learning materials are most appropriate for trainees. They will be broadly classified into compulsory and optional learning materials.
After unlocking the appropriate training path, trainees will be able to go through the course sections and engage with the training content.
For more information: consult Deliverable 3.2
Pedagogically speaking, the E2DRIVER project utilises Ontological Flip-Teaching as the main approach for conducting the trainings.
This approach is founded on the idea that individual experience and knowledge are able to become collective if managed properly. For that reason, this paradigm has ideated a whole process that enables the socialisation of trainees and, consequently, the generation of “explicit” knowledge that could positively impact the collective intelligence of a group.
To do so, the Ontological Flip Teaching approach divides the training into three main dimensions:
- Trainees will learn the theoretical contents on their own using the E2DRIVER platform
- They are expected to create academic work connected to the topic of the training
- They will participate in an on-site training where they will perform exercises, clarify doubts and use the Virtual Reality solution generated by the project
For more information: consult the Deliverable 3.2 and the article à Fidalgo-Blanco, Á., Sein-Echaluce, M. L., & García-Peñalvo, F. J. (2018). Ontological flip teaching: A flip teaching model based on knowledge management. Universal Access in the Information Society, 17(3), 475–489. doi:10.1007/s10209-017-0556-6
The innovative aspect of the E2DRIVER training is not only linked to the methodology of the project, but also to the use of the latest technologies in this field, such as virtual reality. The objective is to allow trainees to learn about the energy audit context and other aspects connected with energy efficiency in companies in a virtual scenario.